Sybil's Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Really Wonder....

2 posters

Go down

I Really Wonder.... Empty I Really Wonder....

Post  Sybil Corvax Wed May 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Is there really such a thing as "evil"? Or is it merely a word created by society to describe those who really can't be described?

Looking back on history - Russian Revolution, The Holocaust - two different people come to mind. Adolf Hitler and Rasputin. Both were and still are considered evil to this day. But...they were so bloody different that I'm having a hard time understanding why they are considered such.

Okay, Hitler killed a lot of people. So did Stalin, but do we hear about him being evil? No, because Stalin who was in charge of Russia during World War II was part of the Allies. Stalin actually killed millions, millions more people than Hitler did. It furthers my wonder on this particular subject.

Rasputin on the other hand, didn't kill a single person. He didn't physically harm anyone. Okay, yes, he was completely and utterly disturbing. He had a belief that people are born full of sin and the only way to go to heaven was to sin, sin, sin to get it all out. So, he did a lot of bad things. Most of it was drinking and sex. Lots of sex. Public indeceny...yada, yada of the like. Most people these days probably don't even know about him, but those who do (I know one of them personally) still think he's evil.

Evil.
Evil.
Evil.

We use that word a lot in today's society to describe a lot of things. Mostly things were don't particularily like. But evil is such a strong word. I understand its use in some contexts, but looking at the word now and it's like "...society made that word different." Like so many other words, evil has changed. Everything is "evil".

Stalin isn't evil because Russia was on our side during World War II. He killed thousands more than Hitler did and Hitler is considered evil, which I don't really argue with. But...shouldn't they both be considered evil? At least, that's my perspective. Nobody has to agree with it, I'm just simply putting it out there.

I might just be some average high school student or something of the like, but even I don't really understand why such a strong word can be used so freely. It really must have been created by society. But, I do have a theory.

Those who are too honest are considered evil. Too honest not nessicarily being a good thing. That's why they're considered "evil" after all.

Hilter blamed the Jews for all the things that were happening in Germany during the 1930's and 40's. He never hid that from anyone. Evil.

Rasputin went about sex and sin without a second thought because he honestly believed that it was the path to heaven. Evil.

Stalin...ugh, don't even get me started about him. Everything about the man screamed bloody honest evil. I may not have known him personally, but from what I've studied upon him, it's better that way.

Of course, all of this is just a theory. I am just a simply high school student after all, barely a fledgling in the eyes of people who have actually lived (this is for you, old timers XD). I may be just a wittle baby that knows nuthin about life or the difference between good and evil, but I can still question it and give my own valid opinion.

In your eyes, I just might be considered evil myself. Hm. In that case, I better start practising my evil laugh.
Sybil Corvax
Sybil Corvax
Admin

https://sybilsrealm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

I Really Wonder.... Empty Re: I Really Wonder....

Post  chanelbags109 Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:19 am

discount designer bags Nice price
designer inspired handbags Prevalent
air max 2011 known brand
nike shox tl3 well handbags
women puma shoes known brand
air max tn Excellent stuff
puma shoes Rational
puma shoes online Preferential discount
women timberland boots Good cheap
wholesale gucci shoes best stylie
louis vuitton handbags Online here

chanelbags109

Back to top Go down

Post  chanelbags109 Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 am

discount designer bags Nice price
designer inspired handbags Prevalent
air max 2011 known brand
nike shox tl3 well handbags
women puma shoes known brand
air max tn Excellent stuff
puma shoes Rational
puma shoes online Preferential discount
women timberland boots Good cheap
wholesale gucci shoes best stylie
louis vuitton handbags Online here

chanelbags109

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum